About Sir Bill
- Now over 30 years experience in the political environment as (Hon) Agent to the Rt Hon Jack Straw, an elected member, committee chair, Mayor, Cabinet member/Portfolio holder, Deputy & Leader in Blackburn with Darwen, arguably one of England's most successful and highly regarded unitary councils. (six Beacons, Council of the Year, Excellent CPA, founder member of the national Innovation Forum).
- 35+ years professional (paid & voluntary) public service experience (in the two tier Shire County/District situation) within the Youth & Community Service. Senior Shire officer within a small rural district of a differing political hue. Built up great positive productive relationships with county departments, borough officers and members, Schools, Police, Health, Private, Voluntary and other community sectors - from face to face delivery through to middle management at the strategic/operational interface.
- He has trained, supported & spoken on these issues across the UK, Europe & Australia.
- "I have commitment, vision and stamina for the design, development and delivery of modern confident successful local public services, accomplished in an atmosphere that I foster that is imaginative, creative, productive and successful."
- "I have a proven track record, tried and tested in the field."
- "I have been key in numerous partnership approaches to modernising change for improvement with the involvement of the public, private, local, national, voluntary, community and faith sectors."
- "My work and successes have included the areas of change and governance."
- "I offer what is probably a unique blend of skills and experience in this complex, ever changing and challenging world."
Improve Your Council supports Save the Children.
You can too. Visit:-